· Entries must be in English.
· Entries must be the work of the entrant and must not have been published or accepted for publication elsewhere.
· Entries may have appeared online in private (password protected) peer review sites, but should not have been published in any commercial online form including blogs or personal websites.
· The competition is international and welcomes non-UK entrants.
· Copyright remains with the author.
· The decision of the judges is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
· The closing date for entries is midnight (UK time) on the 31st October. Winners will be notified by email within six weeks of each closing date.
· The results of the competition will be published on the competition website.
· Chapters must not exceed 3,000 words and must be accompanied by a ONE PAGE synopsis of the balance of the story.
· Manuscripts must not show the name or address of the entrant, but must include the title.
· Entries should be submitted as an email attachment as a Microsoft Word Document (.doc or .docx), OpenDocument Text (.odt), Rich Text File (.rtf), or PDF (.pdf).
· In the body of the email please ensure that you include the title of your novel, your name and contact email address, if different to that used to submit the entry.
· Entries will not be accepted without prior payment.
· No corrections will be accepted or refunds given.
· Entries not complying with competition rules will be disqualified.
Payment options and entry instructions can be found on the Novel Opening Chapter & Synopsis Competition Entry Page